Business Administration Program Outline
Brief Program Description
|The purpose of this program is to provide an opportunity to acquire the required knowledge and skills to perform a job at the beginning level positions in the field of Business Administration.|
|Career Opportunities||Entry level positions in the field of business administration/management.|
|Grade 12 or mature student|
|Program Duration||12 months|
|Delivery Methods||Distance, In Class Delivery and Combined|
|Instructional Methods||Classroom (Instructor-led learning activities followed by guided self-study and project/review/tutorial)|
|• Discuss primary management functions such as planning, organizing, staffing, leading & controlling.
• Explore basics of microeconomics
• Explain various roles in Human Resource Management.
• Explore principles of marketing.
• Apply various concepts of organizational behavior.
• Formulate simple business strategies
• Use basic accounting principles for day to day accounting & book keeping needs of a business.
• Explore the financial environment and the tools used by the finance professionals.
• Use a personal computer for computing needs of a business.
|Distance, Blended Learning||In order to complete the program, students must have the following:
• Zoom application & Edmodo installed.
|• Internet connection (Ethernet/WIFI)
• Microphone, headset & webcam
|Method of Evaluation:
|Midterm Exam =||30%|
|Final Exam =
Passing Mark Over all 60%
|Credits to Complete||30|
List of Courses
|WM412||Management Principles and Practices||80||3|
|ME401||Foundations of Microeconomics||80||3|
|HR401||Introduction to Human Resource Management||80||3|
|WM403||Organizational Behavior and Management||80||3|
|WM406||Fundamentals of Business Strategy||80||3|
|WM401||Fundamental Accounting Principles||80||3|
|WM431||Introduction to Finance||80||3|
|WM409||Principles of Marketing||80||3|
|WM301||Computer Basics for Managers||80||3|