Health Care Assistant
Join our Health Care Assistant Program. Tuition Fee only $3,000 for the first 24 students.
The Health Care Assistant (HCA) program has been approved by the Registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Government of British Columbia and by BC Care Aide Registry. The HCA Program is designated to provide students with opportunities to develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to function effectively as front-line care-givers, and respected members of the healthcare team, in community and facility settings. Under the direction and supervision of a health professional, graduates provide person-centered care aimed at promoting and maintaining the physical, emotional, cognitive, and social well-being of clients/residents.
- Grade 10 or mature student of 19 years of age or older
- Successful completion of the Language Proficiency Entrance Exam
- Must meet the English language proficiency requirements set by the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker Registry (Link Opens in a new tab)
The following are to be completed prior to the First Practice Education Experience:
- Proof of meeting current immunizations / vaccinations as per health care organization policies/ guidelines (or signed vaccination exemption form, except TB)
- Immunization as required by sites of practice education and recommended by BC Centre for Disease Control (2009): diphtheria and tetanus, polio, hepatitis B, measles, mumps and rubella (MMR), varicella, and influenza
- Criminal record check from the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General, including clearance to work with vulnerable adults and children.
- First Aid
- CPR Level “C” or “HCP”
- Foodsafe Level 1 (or a course deemed equivalent)
- Provincial Violence Prevention Curriculum (PVPC) E-Learning Modules
- All the online orientation SPECO courses required by the Health Authority, including fit testing
- Negative TB skin test or chest x-ray.
Note: Students who do not meet these requirements may be prohibited from attending practice education experiences given particular Health Authority, or practice education site organization/agency policy.
Registration Fee (Non-Refundable):
Domestic Students: $150
International Students: $200
$7,500 (Discounted to $3,000 for the first 24 Students)
International Students: $7,500
Course Materials : $250